Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mornings.....Yuck

This morning I am up early, waiting for a delivery that is to be here between the times of 10-2. As I sit here patiently waiting, I'm thinking....I HATE mornings! I know they are a necessary evil but give me the nighttime anytime! As far back as I can remember, I've never been fond of the A.M. timeline. I'm always having to drag myself outta bed, groggy, sleep riddled eyes....bumping into walls as I'm either making my way through the dark or trying to adjust my eyes to blinding early morning sun or non-dimming bathroom lights that seem to burn strait through my retinas as I flip the light on. Then its fighting my way downstairs doing my best to avoid the barrage of small, round cat toys threatening to cause a painful slip or at least a painful step. I then eagerly grab up a mug & pouring freshly ground heaven into it & stirring in a little creaminess & sweetness too. The wonderful robust smell takes over my senses enticing my eager lips to the brim. *sip* Aaaaaahhhhhh! Now my body starts to pull itself together as my mind wakens. THANK GOD FOR COFFEE!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Opposite of me! I love waking up when the sun comes up, grabbing the paper, cup of java, and sitting on the patio. That's when i see the deer, ducks, hummingbirds, cardinals, squirrels, all in my back yard! It's peaceful and quiet with everyone else asleep. If I sleep late then I feel I wasted my day.
    But then again, I usually like to go to bed by 10. I am not a big fan of staying up late. The nights I do, I am generally still waking up with the sun!!
    Wonder how Leonard is? A morning or night person?

    ReplyDelete