Thursday, June 27, 2013

Moving In The Right Direction

Today was a momentous day for the gay & lesbian community. With the overturning of DOMA (Defence of Marriage Act) & the overturning of Prop 8 in California the pathway to full equality is not far away. As a gay man living in the United States, the simple right to love fully & not have the fear of being labeled "unconstitutional" brings tears to my eyes & a pep in my step.

For years now I have marched for our rights. I have given of my time & income in our pursuits. I have even stood on my soap box & begged people to listen. All this is for one simple reason...acceptance for all by all. For me, it's not so much just for gay rights but for ALL humankind's rights!! I preach of PEACE! I preach of UNITY! I preach for us to stop HATE & IGNORANCE! I preach TOLERANCE! I preach LOVE!!!

There are many more out there that need our support & therefore I will continue to do my part in helping those individuals & groups be heard. Remember, it's not enough to just say "whatever"....it's time to stay "I understand". It's time to be known as the human race & not as people divided. Whether it's about religion or race or sex or sexuality...it's truly about ALL of US.

I hope that one day, I will find myself walking down the isle to Kelly Clarkson's "Moment Like This". I hope to have a romantic kiss in public without fearing other's reactions. That one day is not that far away but let us also give the same feelings & rights toward all humankind. We are divine individuals & we ALL as precious!! So.....here's to US & the greatest of all things...ONE LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment